Tuesday, April 19, 2005

My public dating history:

Here are a few messages that I have posted to Craig's List recntly in their personals section. I know that this is a futile cause. Not only is there an absurd amount of postings that guarantees that any single post will be lost, but the quantity also guarantees the practical impossibility of writing such a unique post that any reasonable amount of people will notice it and feel inclined to respond. Nonetheless, these limitations produce a somewhat freeeing effect. I mean, if noone is going to respond, then I can do whatever I like.

Nonetheless, I would be interested in feedback to the various listings. Particularly, I am interested in knowing whether any stand out as "better quality" than others, whether any seem written to attract the "wrong" sort of people or how I might improve any of them. For whatever reason, I have absolutely no compunction in publicizing my use of Craigslist or of repeating the postings here. If I get any good responses I will consider posting them as well.

Don't be Normal
I try to be normal, but I'm not sure it always works. Normality is such a strange thing to negotiate, especially when the inside of my skull feels inhabited by an alien whose tentacles might shoot out of my eyes at any second....
See? Normality is hard, it takes work, it doesn't always seem to add up in the cost/benefit analysis. Sure I won't stalk you down the street in my car (I don't have a car), or suck on your fingers at a restaurant, but I might decide you really want to hear about the funny obituary in the paper today or listen to an in-depth explication of the history of Japanese animation's influence on America or force you to listen to my Cockney rendition of Oklahoma. Is that normal? I could talk about sports, I guess.

I like people to be so enthusiastic about what they do that they sound like raving lunatics. I want people to express such outbursts of passion that other pedestrians want to avoid them on the sidewalk. I want people to eat other people with helpings of fava beans. That's not normal. But I'm normal. I'm 33, a librarian and I'm looking to meet people who change my definition of normal, which isn't too standard to begin with.
Let me know, oh and send a pic, make it normal.


Let's Get Lost
Spring is in the air and I'm as randy as a jackrabbit; I'm sure you're the same. So lets get together and rut like bunnies under the covers. We'll throw open the windows and let the neighbors envy our wild rompings and unrestrained cries. Let's throw over civilized development, revert to our pagan selves, and sacrifice our bodies on each other's altar. Our disappearance from polite society (and our jobs) will be the talk of the town and we won't resurface until May.
Otherwise, how about coffee or a beer?


People Are Dumb
Don't you agree? I mean, I'm not dumb; I'm sure you're not either. Most (not all) of my friends are pretty smart too. So why does it seem so hard to find smart people? I don't need you to rattle off PI to the 1000th digit or anything, or give me a discourse on macroeconomics; I just want someone who has a little more than usual rattling around inside their noodle. And I meet lots of people who, by virtue of their education, their employment record, etc. must be smart, yet when you socialize with them they're content talking about their favorite Seinfeld episode as if it was the latest thing. Doesn't this aggravate you?
So lets solve this problem. Let's get together and form our own little smart club and we won't have to talk to those people ever again. Who needs them anyhow! And that goes for the popular and pretty people too. Although I'm sure you're pretty and popular, and smart. I wouldn't want to imply otherwise.
Let's chat


Seeking Evil Genius
I'm not looking for a date, NSA sex, or even a long term relationship. No, I'm looking for something much better--unlimited power. But not for myself, for you. I don't want to rule the world; I want YOU to rule the world. Let me help you fulfill your nefarious plans to gain supremacy over all nations. I'll do it for free; I'll even do the dishes. All I ask is for a certain condescending, grudging respect for my contributions to your quest for domination. Every despot needs an assistant, a monkey wrench, a right hand man. I'm yours, free! And I'll taste your food for you in case someone tries to rub you out.
Send me a message, you have only your chains to lose, and the world to win. Am I right?
No reply without a photo; I mean, I know evil genius when I see it.


Seeking Peaceful Mind
SWM seeks restful spirit, active thought. I like books, beer, newspapers and crosswords, all types of movies, crazy conversations and morbid jokes. Also peanut butter. I am 33, 6', red haired, I have the traces of thinness about me.
You: Into similar things. But I also like being introduced to new things...marmalade perhaps. I like the enthusiastic but also appreciate the quiet. The cynical gaze, arched eyebrow and crooked smile always hook me. Senses of humor are hard to match, but very important to me as I need to laugh.
No reply without a picture, thanks!


Which ones are the best? Which are ones need tweaking?

Let me know.

~A

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home