Sunday, July 03, 2005

Interesting weekend....

Saw War of the Worlds Friday night; really a damn fine movie whatever failings keep it from being great. Maybe I'll see it again tomorrow. I treasure any serious alien invasion movie that comes along. I must find something cathartic in them.

Yesterday I woke up and watched tennis, called my Mom. Later, I had drinks with my wife, the first time I sat down and talked to her in six months really. We both said a couple of good things; it was good, and sad. I drank one too many beers but luckily didn't exhibit any negative effects (I think) until after she left. Then I went home and slept it off. Watched the sun rise around five.

Today I had brunch by myself at Enid's. Drank two bloody marys, read a book on the Revolutionary War, only realized as I finished it how apt the timing was. Signed divorce papers yesterday, intermediate only, will now have to wait a few months to finalize. Ate a good slice of sweet potato pie.

Fine weather we've been having this weekend. A fine summer.

~A

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home