Monday, October 17, 2005

Spellingbee update


For those not in the know, even though I have been on a spelling bee losing streak, I have made it into the championships tonight. The media is just now catching up to the phenomena with coverage by the NYTimes (accomapanied in print by the above photo), Timeout:



And various other regional media outlets. Tonight the finals will be filmed by Good Morning America. Be sure to catch my failed attempt at glory tomorrow on national tv. And check out the spelling bee web page.

Most of the credit for this coverage is due to the organizers of the event, particualrly Jen Dziura.

The odd thing is another friend Josh actually started his bee first and has also been receiving a fair amount of coverage.

It's just that the bee at Pete's is much closer to home.



PS. This posting is the most bloggish of any I've done. It seems you can't call yourself a real blogger unless every post displays an insatiable display of how much you read the web and how many of your friends also have blogs. It's as if the hip bloggers do nothing but prove their hipness and connectivity. This isn't a criticism, but a reason why I will never truly belong to the blogosphere. And I never want to type that word again.

~A

1 Comments:

At 11:10 PM, Blogger Josh said...

I know you have trivia on Wednesdays but we'd love to have you back.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home