Monday, October 03, 2005

My recent activities...

But first, an apology. I have been negligent in updating this blog on as regular a basis as some readers (and I know there are only some readers) may have been grown to accustom. There is both a good reason (hectic schedule) and a bad reason (sheer laziness).

But I will fill you in. I typically am quite enamored of autumn. It is not only the seasonal change of weather but that more new things (and better things) seem to happen to me at this time of year than in any other period. This last week is a case in point. I attended a strip club as part of my friend's bachelor party. This was a longstanding desire of mine; not because I expected to enjoy it but simply because it is an immensely peculiar experience I thought I should know about. It was precisely that.

Secondly, my photo did indeed end up on the cover to the Thursday Styles section in the New York Times. This is most definitely a first for me. I should note here that many people comented upon my photo's placement beneath the heel of kate Moss. I found this apropos. The photo was omitted from the NYTime online edition; this has limited it's exposure and doomed my one chance at fame. But I have no regrets.

On Wednesday, after returning from a night out and a few beers, I hurriedly cleaned my apartment in approach of my brother's arrival later that evening. However, I fell into such a profound sleep afterwards that I did not hear him call, ring the doorbell, or pound on the door. He was forced to convince my neighbor to allow him to crawl out her window so he could walk across the fire escape and come in through my window. This certainly has never happened to me before and I am sure I have fallen in more than one person's estimation in return.

On Saturday I went to a wedding in Manhattan, my first in the city, and for various reasons I secured a hotel room that evening for me and my date. I have never done this before. It worked out quite favorably.

In light of these astounding events (I might call it a miracle week) I can only hope the rest of the season continues in the same tenor. If it doesn't, I shall still have good reason to look forward to this time next year.


~A

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home