Monday, December 26, 2005

Christmas tidings...and omens

Merry Christmas. And I am specifically talking to all you non-Christians out there. Without us, you'd all be working right now. Maybe you are working right now.

But let me list some Christmas loot I received:

The Joy of Cooking. Now I can display this proudly on my kitchen counter so all visitors to my apartment will think I cook.

The Complete Calvin and Hobbes. One of the more perfect doorstops I've ever possessed.

Obligatory shirt. Obligatory sweater. Both appreciated.

A chenille throw. Don't ask me to explain that one. Received from they who last year gave me a down comfortor lap blanket.


And finally I will leave you with this Christmas thought. Yesterday morning I was strolling around looking for a Sunday NY Times (found one finally at a 7-11). In my search, I came across a dead pigeon on the sidewalk. More than dead actually, freshly killed. How was it killed? It's head and neck had been cleanly (very cleanly) sliced off (and were missing). Christmas morning and I have chills down my spine, in the middle of the sidewalk.

Happy new year.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home