Saturday, January 14, 2006

Lately

Not much has been happening. I think I have the winter blahs. Partly it's that we've hardly had any winter weather. I think a nice blizzard could really cheer me up. Otherwise it has simply felt quiet. And while it is certainly possible that the city is actually quieter than usual this time of year, I think it is more likely to be my outlook on things. I'll have to figure out something to change.

Meanwhile, in the news:

Humvee improvements fall on troops
Apparently the military felt the best way to deliver these improvements was to throw them.


Voodoo spirit survives Katrina
Thought for months to have drowned in the Ninth Ward, Papa Legba Atibon was discovered Sunday in Omaha, Nebraska suffering from amnesia. Since October Legba has been living in housing provided by a local Methodist Church. Church members were quoted as saying they had no indication of Legba's religious background or beliefs and that he was always very quiet and respectful. Like New Orleans itself, American voodoo has suffered the loss of many of it's deities. While some, like Legba, have been located, many remain missing and it is unknown how many of the diaspora can be reassembled into an effective pantheon.

Study gives teens argument to sleep in
Sleeping in allows teens to avoid study

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home