Saturday, June 04, 2005

Where I am

I am back in Brooklyn after eight dreadful months in New Haven, CT. Most of he porblems there were with me, where I am in my life, the fact that I left most of my personal beliongings in NY, not having a car in a small car where you need one. But Yale and the job itself certainly played their part in my dissatisfaction.

But no more! I am back in my place as of Thursday. I walked in, surveyed all my stuff and sang a little song to me. It went something like this:

Mine, mine, mine, mine, mine, all mine, mine, mine, mine, mine, mine, mine

You can just feel the joy in that spontaneous lyric. Today is Satgurday. I have spent the last two nights sleeping on MY couch. Mainly because all my linens need to be cleaned...and because I like MY couch. But tonight I shall sleep in MY bed after spending eight months on an air mattress (which was quite comfortable itself until the four month mark when it started springing an endless series of leaks. This last month I simply gave up trying to patch and inflate it and essentially spent my nights on a hardwodd floor.) I will also unpack all MY stuff and revel in MY space.

Doesn;t this sound a little neurotic? It's not, simply an expression of shear glee. I'll let you know when I crash.

~A

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home