Monday, August 21, 2006

back from vacation

So my major vacation this year, the only occasion for leaving town for no specific purpose, just ended. This one was a rather obligatory family vacation on a lake that I can sum up in a few statements:

  • My family is great and fun to be around.
  • Conversation (regardless of subject) between people having babies and owning houses can become remarkably tedious and dispiriting.
  • Finding a New York Times and an iced coffee required more than a twenty mile drive, round-trip.
  • I am now the only person in my family not in a relationship. This is not counting my nephews.
  • Being on a lake would be a lot more fun if there was a boat you had full possession of and knew how to drive/paddle. Or had a driver's license.
  • I think the indigestion and sense of perpetual overindulgence I feel when with my family might be mental.


I suppose more could be said but it would probably get a little too bitter and untrue. Now that I am back the city's weather has a distinctly autumnal tinge and I am looking forward to leaving this muddy rut of a summer. And playing trivia. And looking up.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home