Thursday, May 12, 2005

A new CL ad...

I don't think too highly of this one but it was fun to write. I think I would be scared of anyone who answered it in earnest (noone has yet).

Be my Wrecking Ball...

Me: The titanic, the trailer home, the fishing boat, the china shop, Hiroshima

You: The iceberg, the tornado, the perfect storm, the bull, the A bomb

I want you to plunge into my life and rip it to shreds. I want you to stick your hand in my chest and crush my heart. I want you to leave my life an irradiated wasteland. I want to groan in pain and and wonder what mack truck just hit me.

Some people want to be swept off their feet. I want to be demolished. Some people speak of a whirlwind romance; I want a real whirlwind. Put my bleeding corpse on the front page of the Post. Let the headline read: Love Leaves Swath of Destruction. I figure it will be worth it for the few seconds before I lose consciousness.

I must be a masochist.

Or maybe I'm just tired of the same old dating rituals, meet, click, hookup, depart, repeat ad infinitum. I want to be blind sided and not be able to forget that something just happened.

Can you do this to me? I'm cute, erudite, slightly nerdy, out there in thought, willing to take a chance, walk a tightrope, high dive into a paper cup.

Show me that I've been playing it safe all my life. I want to live more dangerously.

Signed,

The storm chaser


~A

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home