Sunday, July 24, 2005

The weekend in review

Alright,

I have just had two beers (Brooklyn Weisse) and two outstanding Bloody Marys (my lips are still tingling)...and three hotdogs. Yes, this was at Daddy's. This is/was a perfect cap to a good Sunday. What made the day so good? To begin with, though perhaps in reverse chronological order, I had some fun shopping at a Target (curtain, kitty litter [100 lbs or so], Swiffer, Raising Arizona, Mountain Dew, et al.) . Fun, despite not splurging on any toys. Go figure. Prior to that I bought a new vacuum at Home Depot (approx. $70 for a new Hoover), I dropped off a wonderful person at Grand Central (M.E., she knows who she is and she is not the author of the notorious diary), and I had gorgeous cheese grits.

How can you beat a day like that? You can't; don't even try. It wouldn't have been half as fun if I hadn't the use of my friend's car. Harlan, I thank you. Although it was only by a hair's breadth that I didn't run out of gas on Queen's Boulevard and only realized at the absolute last minute that I needed to fill up.

And I'm still sweating, but that hasn't dampened my pleasure.

~A

1 Comments:

At 5:51 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

eek! I am so excited for you! a good date and target?! that's more than I usually hope for. I wish I liked that Raising Arizona movie.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home