Thursday, May 11, 2006

A few comments on North dakota (or ShitChrist, The Musical)

I have returned today from the vaunted west, or perhaps more accurately, the western midwest. The farthest west you can be and still be dull and flat. I have only a few things to say this moment, I shall recapitulate the whole tour when I am more fully recovered:

  • I was served cinnamon bread slathered with cheese spread.
  • I woke up both Tuesday and Thursday at 4 am to catch early flights, this is both no fun and, somehow, strangely pleasant; kind of like exercising (so I'm told)
  • The church, indeed the whole town, smelled strongly of cow manure or perhaps it was pig manure, a concentrated, chemical, acrid smell.
  • A local dive bar had jars of pickled eggs, pickled turkey gizzards, four or five different types of Malibu, cigarettes for $4.50, an outdoor volleyball court and beach volleyball league. My compatriots there were encouraged by the locals to shoot glasses of Jagermeister and Red Bull.

In my next installment, I relate exactly what bearing the pall entails!

~A

1 Comments:

At 4:17 PM, Blogger Harlan said...

Cinnamon bread with cheese spread? That's disgusting, although I was agreeing with someone the other day that port-wine cheese spread is quite good... Not on cinnamon bread, though.

If it was acrid, I suspect it was pig manure...

Sounds like you were in a classy part of ND!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home