Tuesday, August 29, 2006

Two more things today

Firstly, I came across an unbelievably cool last name while sorting some papers. the name is "Paleologos," obviously Greek in derivation and meaning "Old words." (paleo=old as in paleolithic, and logos=word as in logo, logorrhea, dialog, monologue, etc.)

Secondly, something reminded me today of a phrase, a mot, I thought of years ago and have never been convinced I thought of it myself rather than reading or hearing it someplace else. It's not extremely clever but it confuses me as to how or why I would have thought it up.

It is the crack that makes the vase.



I remember now, it's called an aphorism. I can never remember that term. I think there are synonyms for aphorism that I also can never remember.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home